Assess, plan and implement exercise programs that promote optimal functionality in daily life. Duties include working with residents to provide one-on-one exercises and leading group fitness classes. In addition, you will provide treatment modalities such as heat and cold therapy and range of motion exercises.
- Foster and affirm the mission, core values and philosophy of retirement of the Sisters of Charity, BVM;
- Work as a team with other Wellness Department staff members to embrace goals and objectives of the Wellness Program;
- Assess and implement exercise programs to promote optimal physical and functional potential;
- Be alert to unsafe physical movements (transferring, etc.) or environmental conditions which may cause a resident to be at risk for injury;
- Provide therapeutic exercises (gait training, body mechanics etc.);
- Provide treatment modalities (hot packs, Active and Passive Range of Motion) as directed by the physical therapist and or department coordinator;
- Work closely with nursing and physical therapy to carry out exercise prescriptions;
- Provide orientation to staff and Residents on Fitness Center‘s policies and guidelines, equipment and pool use;
- Conduct one on one and group exercises;
- Provide individuals with information related to their own cardiopulmonary self- monitoring including Perceived Rate of Exertion Scale and Target Heart Rate;
- Identify signs and symptoms of cardiopulmonary stress which may require reducing or terminating exercise; report incident to the appropriate personal;
- Document resident’s participation in programming;
- Document resident Progress Notes; noting progress, variances and modifications to the exercise prescription;
- Attend weekly staff meetings;
- Share observations and assessments with your Supervisor.
- Maintain Restorative Aide certification by participating in 12 hours of Continuing education annually.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding residents, employee and facility business which includes use of electronic media.
Interested candidates should hold a Restorative Aide certification, CNA certification, or equivalent educational certification.
This is a PRN, Monday – Friday (no weekends/holidays) position.