Summary: Provide a point of contact for guests, visitors, incoming phone calls, granting access to the building and supporting the highest level of customer service.
• Greet all visitors; assist and direct appropriately
• Answer, screen and forward/transfer telephone calls appropriately via multi-line switchboard
• Provide basic and accurate information in person and via phone
• Receive and sort daily mail
• Maintain security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (logbook and visitor badges)
• Order front desk supplies
• Utilize paging system for residents and staff
• Assist Transportation Department by communicating to drivers via 2 way radio
• Make photo copies
• Replace reference tools (calendars, resident lists, phone numbers, cemetery book) as needed
• Communicates physical, cognitive and emotional changes noted to health care staff.
• Participates in department and general employee meetings.
• Communicates regularly with Supervisor regarding department needs.
Documentation & Safety
• Organizes workstation allowing for an efficient work area.
• Comply with facility and departmental safety and infection control policies and procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality in all matters including resident, staff, and facility information.
• Integrate the values of the Sisters of Charity, BVM into work performed each day.
• Must be capable of working independently and as part of a team without continuous supervision.
• Demonstrates commitment to maintain a homelike environment across campus.
• Must be able to interpret and respond to verbal and written instructions.
• Exhibits initiative, good judgement, and ability to work cooperatively with staff members across all departments.
• Exhibits helpful and positive attitude to co-workers, residents and guests.
• Communicates effectively and timely with supervisor.
• Exhibits appropriate professional and interpersonal boundaries with residents, co-workers, and peers.
• Possesses strong computer skills, including MS Office.
• Exhibits good customer services skills and organizational and multitasking abilities.
• Possesses excellent telephone and communication skills.
• Demonstrate a professional attitude and appearance.
• Possesses the ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.