The driver provides transportation for the Mount Carmel CCRC residents to various medical appointments.
Primary job responsibilities include:
1. Foster and affirm the mission, core values and the philosophy of retirement of the Sisters of Charity, BVM;
2. Maintain confidentiality regarding resident, employee and facility business;
3. Transport, by van or car, resident(s) as necessary to appointments per the daily transportation schedule;
4. Be able, and/or willing to learn, to operate a wheelchair lift both manually and automatically;
5. Communicate via two-way radio for information related to the services provided by the Transportation Department;
6. Deliver and pick up vehicles for maintenance service or repairs as requested;
7. Pick up the mail at the US Post Office, and deliver to the BVM Center as requested;
8. Deliver mail/packages to the US Post Office as requested;
9. Deliver donations as requested;
10. As directed by Supervisor or Health Care Department, deliver and/or pickup miscellaneous items such as, eyeglasses, dentures, lab work, etc.;
11. Make bank deposits and buy postage stamps as directed;
12. Responsible for the care and upkeep of the vehicles. Bring any mechanical problems with the vehicle to the supervisor’s attention. Submit all bills to the supervisor for approval;
13. Annual completion of OSHA training, comply with facility safety and chemical policy and procedures.
1. Must qualify to drive based on Lay Employee Drivers Requirements.
2. Organized self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
3. Good verbal and non verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
5. Desire to serve and enhance the quality of life of BVM sisters and residents.
6. Possess sense of humor, compassion, good judgment and flexibility.