In collaboration with the AM Dining Services Supervisor and Coordinator of Dining Services, the PM Dining Services Supervisor supports and executes all functions relating to a successful dining program. Primarily overseeing the PM Dining Services staff, the PM Supervisor helps provide an exceptional dining experience by ensuring the production of nutritious and delicious meals and above-and-beyond service to the residents. Responsibilities include but are not limited to food production, menu planning, customer service, nutrition, sanitation and safety, management and record keeping.
- Supervise Dining Services staff (most often PM staff), ensuring proper and thorough completion of duties. Delegate work assignments appropriately.
- Instruct, train, challenge, affirm, meet with regularly, and complete performance appraisals for the Dining Services staff.
- Support/promote/enforce sanitation policies and provide necessary education to employees and residents.
- Ensure that work conditions and work practices used are safe for the employees and residents and meet health regulations.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with the Coordinator of Dining Services and AM Supervisor to ensure consistent messaging and direction to all staff members.
- Ensure that an adequate, nutritious, tasty, and appetizing meal is efficiently prepared on time.
- Serve in production role for a minimum of 3 days per each bi-weekly pay period.
- Lead the setup, service and cleanup of catering events, special functions and resident theme events; communicate effectively with Coordinator of Dining Services and AM Supervisor to ensure catering events are properly carried out from start to finish.
- Maintain and update the software system for tray-line and review preparation and service of therapeutic and texturally modified diets, supplements and snacks.
- Interact with departments to ensure orders are completed accurately and resident needs are met while adhering to dietary guidelines.
- Oversee the stocking of the satellite kitchenettes, including the cleaning schedule of refrigerators.
- Oversee the closing of the kitchen and dining rooms.
- Attend required meetings, courses, and development opportunities.
- Perform all other duties as directed.