The dining attendant provides nutritious and attractive meals and nourishment to all Mount Carmel residents, guests and staff.
- Foster and affirm the mission, core values and the philosophy of retirement of the Sisters of Charity, BVM;
- Maintain confidentiality regarding resident, employee and facility business;
- Always aware of customer needs and respond accordingly;
- Responsible for tray line;
- Responsible for the setup, and service and clean-up of breakfast, lunch and supper in the dining rooms;
- Directly responsible for the general upkeep of the Dining Rooms including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and furniture & equipment cleaning
- Monitor temperatures of foods, documenting temperatures of all items at time of service;
- Gather supplies needed daily from Caritas central storeroom;
- Stock assigned diet kitchens/kitchenettes.
- Follow the clean as you work procedure in daily work routine;
- Follow all department policies and procedures related to safety, cleaning/sanitation, recycling, food handling, storage and disposal, scheduling, uniform and personal hygiene;
- Report all equipment operational concerns to supervisor immediately;
- Perform other or related work as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Operating Dishwasher
- Washing and sanitizing pots and pans
- Daily/weekly/monthly cleaning lists
- Assist in other dietary job areas as necessary.
Experience working with modified diets in dietary setting helpful, will train as needed.
- Remain calm under pressure, act upon criticism as constructive and adapt to changing situations.
- Able to read, write, receive, follow, and provide written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to show initiative and flexibility.
- Ability to use standard cooking appliance and equipment.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must be able to approach people in a manner which creates harmony, promotes cooperation and encourages feelings of acceptance and self-worth.
- Must be neat, clean and in good health.
- Able to tolerate moderate physical exertion.
- Free of weight restrictions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Frequent bending and stooping is required.
- Some pushing, pulling and reaching required.
- Frequent immersion of hands in water.
- Adapt to extreme hot and cold temperatures in work environment.