Communications Specialist (Writer/Editor)
Are you creative? Do you have a passion for writing and thrive with working on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment? If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for our team.
The Writer/Editor writes and oversees the development, execution, and delivery of print and digital content across all communications channels to foster the life and mission of the Sisters of Charity, BVM.
- Researches, writes, and edits features stories, content for publications, websites, and social media platforms to include but not limited to brochures, display ads, greeting cards, reports, blog, development appeals, and other correspondents.
- Serves as managing editor for SALT magazine and newsletters. Assigns articles as needed to sisters/associates and provides editorial direction and assistance.
- Assists with the oversight of editorial calendar to organize and maximize distribution of content and track workflow.
- Reviews copy for errors in grammar, punctuation, spelling, and readability in agreement with style guidelines.
- Edits obituaries and annually prepares and edits jubilee celebrations of sisters for appropriate channels and submits to news outlets.
- Utilize SEO and analytics to determine online trends of content and develop strategies to expand online presence.
Qualified candidate will have a BA in journalism, English, communications/public relations, or related field with 2-3 years of experience. Candidate must have strong writing, editing, proof reading, and oral communications skills, be self-motivated, have strong creative ideas, and detailed-oriented. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of CMS, Adobe Creative Suite, SEO, and photography preferred.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.