Works as a member of the healthcare team in providing for the physical and emotional needs of the residents. Performs these duties in a caring, empathetic and time-efficient manner under direction of RN/LPN staff nurse. Facilitates a healthy and safe work environment for residents and employees, reporting any unsafe practices to the supervisor. Fosters and affirms the mission, core values, and philosophy of retirement of the Sisters of Charity, BVM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides care to residents such as bathing, toileting, dressing, hair, skin, nail and oral care.
- Answer call lights in timely manner.
- Assist residents with ambulation as needed and/or required.
- Assist with feeding as appropriate.
- Take and record vital signs.
- Chart and relay requested information such as moods, meal consumption, liquid intake, daily BM and urine amounts.
- Perform light cleaning and organizing of resident rooms when needed.
- Assist residents with recreational activities.
- Reports any conditions to supervisor, which contribute to an unsafe work environment.
- Serves as mandatory reporter.
Effective Team Member
- Communicate consistently with the RN/LPN staff nurse and peers.
- Receive report at beginning of shift and provide continuous updates through end of shift.
- Document cares appropriately as required for the Elderly Waiver Program.
- Participate in in-service and staff meetings.
- Acquire the needed number of CEU’s annually.
- Takes accountability to receive required annual training.